HEART plays host to world’s longest running ecotourism conference
The Margaret River HEART will host Australia’s annual Global Eco Asia-Pacific Tourism Conference from December 1 – 3, 2020.
The conference will be the venue’s first business event and represents a significant step towards the recovery of the region’s tourism industry.
Up to 250 delegates including leading tourism industry operators, ecotourism professionals, tourism bodies and researchers will take part in the world’s longest running ecotourism conference to foster ideas and innovation for a sustainable future.
Margaret River Busselton and Tourism Association has procured the contract thanks to partnerships with Shire of Augusta Margaret River, Tourism WA, the Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Attractions, and the South West Development Commission.
What this means for the region
- Further the region’s positioning as an advocate for sustainable tourism
- Build on developing ecotourism business as a valuable driver for the local economy
- Celebrate the wealth of local tourism operators who enable visitors to appreciate the environmental values that underpin our region
Organisers are calling for paper submissions on the conference theme of “Revolution, Driving Evolution” by Friday 31 July.
Accepted papers will be considered for presentations during the keynote program and workshop sessions on day two and three of the conference.
Speakers wishing to be featured in the conference program are encouraged to submit a paper demonstrating expertise in any of the following topic areas:
- Evolving ecotourism – new directions
- Implications of COVID-19 for the evolution of ecotourism
- Climate change and ecotourism
- Tourism in protected areas
- The evolution and future of green destinations
- Indigenous tourism
- Undertourism and Overtourism
- Community-based ecotourism
- Ecotourism marketing for our times
- Wildlife in ecotourism
For more conference information or to submit a paper, please visit globalco.com.au