The 2022 French Film Festival returns to the Margaret River HEART this spring to showcase Studiocanal’s stellar season of French Cinema! Encompassing, romance, drama, comedy, crime & thriller, this cinematic event wraps the best of contemporary French films to captivate all lovers of foreign film.
The classic thriller, restored to 4k.
A rich American industrialist gives Tom Ripley the task of bringing his son Philippe home. Tom, also a former friend of Philippe, finds him in Italy enjoying himself with his mistress Marge Duval and with no intention of returning to the U.S.A. Tom, thinking his mission to be over, takes advantage by taking a holiday with Philippe.
However, things soon go badly wrong. Humiliated by Philippe and driven up the wall by his friend’s father, Tom commits the perfect crime by killing Philippe and taking over his bank account. Nevertheless, he eventually loses control of the situation after committing a second crime.
This film is included only in the Full Festival Pass (4-movies).
Full Festival Pass (4-movies) – Adult & Concession includes:
- Rise (En Corps) (M) – Friday 30 September, 7pm
- Goliath (Goliath) (M) – Saturday 1 October, 4pm
- Waiting for Bojangles (En Attendant Bojangles) (M) – Saturday 1 October, 7pm
- Purple Moon (PG) – Monday 3 October, 11.30am
- Director: RENÉ CLÉMENT
- Starring: Alain Delon, Maurice Ronet, Marie Laforêt, Elvire Popesco, Bill Kearns, Romy Schneider, Erno Crisa, Ave Ninchi, Frank Latimore, Viviane Chantel, Nerio Bernardi, Billy Kearns